Sunday, November 7, 2010

More great staple items for less!

Just wanted to show you some more of the basic, yet stylish staple clothing items that can be had from thrift stores. Don't make the mistake of thinking of thrift stores as places you go to get only quirky or vintage accent pieces (although those things abound there too). I can now honestly say that the majority of my wardrobe is made up of pieces I bought second-hand, and by majority I mean about 65-70%. How awesome is that? Here are some of the great clothes I have found recently, and all in excellent condition of course :)

These jeans are New York and Company brand, and fit like a dream! Found them at Salvation Army for $3.20.





"Manhattan Chinos" from New York and Company, $8.99 at
Wannabe's Upscale Resale Shoppe.
 

Adorable Forever 21 dress, $9.00 at Wannabe's Upscale Resale.
 


Mix It (JcPenney's I think) brand 3/4 coat, $4.99 at Goodwill 
 
I don't know why the color isn't showing up, but there are also shades of teal
in this. I just loved the interesting design. It's Target Brand, found at GoodWill for $3.49.
 
New York and Company violet ruffled shirt, $2.90 at Salvation Army. Looks
super classy :)

    
 Found these awesome, warm BareTraps boots at GoodWill for only $5.99. They are genuine leather!! with a faux-fur lining and look as if they have only been worn once, if at all. I actually had to grab them from a lady who literally was taking all the boots on the wrack and piling them into her arms. She wasn't even trying them on, just grabbing and piling. I reached for these just before she did and she stood really close next to me as I tried them on. She kept making hinting comments about how nice they were. I threw them in my cart after a quick try-on and got away from her as politely (but as quickly) as I could. She was a little scary.



My husband really liked this sweater when I tried it on because it's such a pretty,
happy yellow. It's New York and Co. The pic doesn't do it justice. It's very soft and warm I might add.
Snagged this for $3.00 at Salvation Army.
 
Okay this I bought for $2.00 at Salvation Army on a whim- it's gold and
different and I didn't have anything like it. The label says Henry New York.


I know it's not summer, but this was adorable and very soft! It actually didn't have any
label inside except the size, so not sure where it's from. It was $3.49 at GoodWill.
Final tally of the clothes on this page: $47.15 for 2 pairs of pants, 1 coat, 1 pair of leather boots, 1 dress, and 5 shirts. Not too shabby!

Adele and I really actually need a couple mannequins to fully show off how cute all these clothes are, and show you all the chic everyday outfits we now regularly put together from entirely thrift store-bought finds. So far it's two months in, and we are dressing better than when we started.

No comments:

Post a Comment