Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year, New Ideas

Welcome to the new year! If you haven't committed to a great resolution or goal yet for this year, we (of course) would suggest you consider a thrifty challenge of your own. With that spirit in mind, the Frugal Friendzies want to extend our blog posts to you, our loyal fans. We have decided to include our readers' frugal finds along with our own. SO, send us what you've got! We want to hear from you!

You can reach us at frugalfriendzies@gmail.com. Send us pictures, and any information you'd like us to share regarding your finds. We'd love to see what you can come up with, be it clothes, household items, gifts, or something totally and completely unique! Only rule is it all HAS to be second hand, naturally. ;)

Ready? GO! We're excited to show off as much thriftiness as we can this new year.

~The Frugal Friendzies

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog through One Good Woman on Facebook... LOVE it!

    My best score yet was a Banana Republic silk dress at the Sal Val on Trindle Rd... it still has the tags on, it was $130 (!!!!) and I paid $12.99.

    What are some of your favorite places in the Harrisburg area? I love Community Aid and Sal Val on Wednesdays. I know there are tons of consignment shops around but I never get to hit them all up. I've never had a lot of luck at Goodwill but after seeing some of your scores I definitely need to go there more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen,

    Thanks for the accolades, glad you like the blog :) We love writing it! Community Aid is great, as is the SalVal on Trindle Rd, and the one out on Union Deposit by Gabriel Brothers is decent too. The Carlisle Pike seems to have grown a few consignment shoppes in recent years, Hello Gorgeous (which has great sales) and Making Sense being two we have frequented. Also, in Lemoyne, the Wears Like New and its sister store (more geared towards teens) ReVamp in the Lemoyne Plaza are good places to shop. Not sure where exactly you live, but the West Shore is rife with second hand shoppes, whereas the East Shore shoppes are a bit more spread out, but still worth visiting. Hope that helped,

    The Frugal Friendzies

    p.s. We'd love to post a picture of you modeling your dress on our blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Harrisburg but work on the West Shore and actually shop more there than I do on the East Shore. I love Making Sense and I haven't been to Hello, Gorgeous but I will definitely check it out!

    I am a second hand freak and I hate paying full price for anything! I do shop in regular retail stores but usually only on the clearance racks. I would say that 80% of my wardrobe is purchased second hand. I just can't justify $60 for American Eagle jeans when I can get them for $3 at Community Aid on Wednesdays! I got a pair of True Religions there for $3 also (probably my 2nd best score after the Banana Republic dress!). I will see what I can do about getting a pic... it may not be of me wearing it but I will definitely get a pic and send it to you!

    ReplyDelete